Howard Stearns hstearns at wisc.edu
Fri Oct 13 23:30:16 UTC 2006

To explore OpenGL, be advised:

"Be sure that your graphics card is OpenGL 1.3 or higher compliant
AND that you have appropriate OpenGL hardware drivers installed.
Windows users should be aware that upgrading your DirectX versions
through Microsoft's web site often overwrites existing hardware
OpenGL drivers with software OpenGL->DirectX wrappers (killing
performance, if not compatibility). The fix is to re-install the
video card manufacturer's drivers after any DirectX install procedure."

The above is from the Croquet downloads page. There has been
discussion of driver issues on the Croquet mailing lists and wikis...