RC2 out

Bill Schwab BSchwab at anest.ufl.edu
Sat Oct 14 17:38:16 UTC 2006

Stef,

===============================
> I just grabbed 7063 and the current win32 VM, and opened the image.
> Something is not right with the system window stripe coloring. The
> active state is somehow not following the keyboard focus. Click in
> the
> various workspaces and you should see what I mean. If it is a corrupt
> instance, I would start looking at the lower right workspace, but that
> is simply a hunch. One could argue that the lower right workspace
> appears not to deactivate???

I do not understand where it comes from. On mac I have the correct
behavior
or I think I see it. ;)
===============================

With the downloaded image, just alternately click between the bottom two
workspaces.  I am seeing no change in their stripe coloring, suggesting
that something is not respecting and/or representing its active/inactive
status.

===============================
> As a related aside, I still recommend flipping the #isActive tests
> (e.g.
> appending #not) in #setStripeColorsFrom:. Try it (see below) for a
> few
> minutes and I suspect you will see what I mean - suddenly the active
> window is "stronger" than the inactive ones.

This is strange because I get no difference.
The topmost is the brightest.
===============================

Note that you will need to activate each system window in turn to see
the effects.  The inactive views will then have lighter stripes, but I
maintain that it is much more intuitive that the darker/stronger valued
stripe belongs to the active window.

Bill

Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.
University of Florida