Capabilities in Squeak (attn: Lex Spoon and friends)

Michael van der Gulik squeakml at gulik.co.nz
Sun Oct 15 04:45:57 UTC 2006

Hi all.

Does anybody have code (particularly VM modifications) which allow
Capabilities in Squeak?

In particular, I'm referring to code that implements stuff described on
this page: http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/uploads/2074/sandbox.html

In the past there have been a couple of ambitious projects that allow
security in Squeak such as Squeak-E. What became of these? Is there code
floating around somewhere? I'm only seeing Squeak-ELib on squeakmap.

I'm particularly interested in a debugger which uses Capabilities to
debug/inspect objects rather than invoke methods such as
Object>>printOn:. I'm working with message capture stuff, and the
debugger falls over badly.

Michael.