A process proposal for 3.10

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Oct 16 10:29:52 UTC 2006

Some notes:

Three variables, 1. time, 2. functionality 3. quality. When you fix two,
the third must be fluid. Choose the first of these to fix. I would
choose quality, aka and to this end testing is important.

Assuming the testing story is worked out. Then I would hope for 2
development streams.

1. Incremental: new feature, new tests, all tests pass -> release
frequently. (no time constraints) no release schedule.
2. Core - Discrete Managed change. Again, new feature implement,
integrate, and migrate/merge back into main stream.

am I being too naive?

Keith