A process proposal for 3.10

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Oct 17 14:51:22 UTC 2006

Giovanni Corriga <giovanni at corriga.net> writes:
> My opinion is that then we should reduce the scope of the release until
> it's manageable. Removing many packages from the image should ease this
> problems until we have better tools, too.

Removing dependencies is great, but it is a process that will not have
huge success within the next 6 or even 12 months.  For the next year,
at least, we should be prepared to deal with an inter-dependent core
image.

The stewards approach is great for this.  You can appoint a
collections steward or a morphic steward even if the associated code
is still highly inter-dependent with the rest of the image.

-Lex