Minnow WIKI Status

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Wed Oct 18 11:04:12 UTC 2006

Am 18.10.2006 um 09:10 schrieb Giovanni Corriga:

> Il giorno mar, 17/10/2006 alle 17.22 -0700, Brad Fuller ha scritto:
>> Ron Teitelbaum wrote:
>>>
>>> All,
>>>

>>> The cryptography team is going to do some documentation on wiki.
>>> Can
>>> anyone please tell me the status of Minnow?  Are we going to move
>>> the
>>> wiki to somewhere else?  Will minnow content be moved; is it safe to
>>> use it now?
>>>
>> bump.
>> Anyone know the status?
>> When will the minnow go down?
>> Where are the contents to be moved to?
>>
>> Perhaps these questions should be added to the agenda of the next SqF
>> board meeting.
>> And, if they are, can they report back with the findings?
>
> The wiki status is one of the agenda items of tonight's board meeting:
>
> http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2006-October/
> 109791.html

Right. But since the Board cannot order people to do something, it
would need offers.

TSTTCPW is to move the actual installation to our server. That would
take someone to work with the box admin team to do it.

Maybe we could even pursue the GA Tech folks to repoint their minnow
DNS entry to us - there's an awful lot of links on the web to minnow.

I can see several other ways to continue, but none without severe
drawbacks. All would require significantly more work, so there would
have to be volunteers to do it.

- Bert -