Removing Etoys (was Re: A process proposal for 3.10)

Josh Gargus schwa at fastmail.us
Wed Oct 18 13:27:46 UTC 2006

This goes back to one of the opinions that Marcus expressed earlier
in the thread:

"The SqueakLand people don't use 3.9, and I am quite sure they never
will"

This rings true to me (although it would be nice to hear directly
from a squeaklander).  In my understanding, it was the
internationalization code in 3.8 that made it worthwhile for
squeakland to undergo the difficult synchronization.  I don't think
that there is anything compelling enough in 3.9 (or that has been
discussed for 3.10) to justify the effort again, especially with a
Tweak version of EToys not too far over the horizon.

Josh