Removing Morphic (was: Removing Etoys (was Re: A process proposal for 3.10))

Ron Teitelbaum Ron at USMedRec.com
Thu Oct 19 01:14:52 UTC 2006

These are good reasons to remove eToys, if the removal of the application
lends to nominal improvements in Morphic.  If the goal is to clean up and
re-factor without a goal to improve Morphic, I would still vote against it.

I disagree with Squeak should not include applications, but I won't argue
the point.

What is the community's feeling about removing Morphic and replacing it with
Tweak so that squeak can run both Tweak, Croquet, and can be a platform for
new versions hopefully better packaged eToys?  We need to be thinking about
folding in and adopting both the private and research functionality that is
currently being developed.  How difficult would it be to modify current
toolBuilder tools to use Tweak instead?  Would Andreas even agree that this
is a good idea and agree to maintain Tweak in Squeak?  What is the
possibility that if we adopt Tweak that current Croquet development could
also be folded in?

(Putting on my flame proof suit)

Ron Teitelbaum