Scratch (was Re: Removing Etoys)

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Thu Oct 19 17:02:32 UTC 2006

Am 19.10.2006 um 18:25 schrieb Matthew Fulmer:

> On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 03:03:32PM +0200, Giovanni Giorgi wrote:
>>    As I have understood, there is a new eToy implementation in
>> progress
>>    inside Tweak.
>
> I am not sure how relevant this is, but Scratch seems to have
> many of the same goals and purposes as EToys, and is under
> active development. Perhaps it could be "The New eToys"?
> http://scratch.mit.edu/

Not quite. Scratch is awesome, but it's not etoys. The very fact that
there is a distinction between authoring tools and the scripted
object makes it different. One of the fundamentals of etoys is that
"authoring is always on" and that you can script *everything*.

The Scratch beta is open now, btw, so have a try:

http://weblogs.media.mit.edu/llk/scratch/archives/2006/10/download.html

- Bert -