Removing Morphic

Todd Blanchard tblanchard at mac.com
Sat Oct 21 06:09:13 UTC 2006

There's something fundamental missing from Morphic WRT direct
manipulation.  You can put together assemblies of morphs, but using
them as a template for created duplicate assemblies is lacking (or I
never discovered the nifty technique that lets me freeze-dry a morph
and reanimate it on demand ala NextStep's InterfaceBuilder).

Nobody builds morphic UI using direct manipulation because it doesn't
fully support it.