ClassBuilder changes (was: Re: Navigating traits in 3.9)

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Mon Oct 23 18:40:33 UTC 2006

Trying to identify the problem made me stumble into ClassBuilder and
looking at the core method ClassBuilder>>name: className inEnvironment:
env subclassOf: newSuper type: type instanceVariableNames: instVarString
classVariableNames: classVarString poolDictionaries: poolString
category: category unsafe: unsafe.

This makes me wonder what the intend of the latest changes there were.
They do look rather suspicious to me. Could someone with the initials
"rw" please explain the reasoning for these changes? It's the last
person who touched that method and unfortunately there is no method
history any longer :-((( (the version found in 3.8 from '04 looks
approximately correct so any changes inbetween would be interesting)

Cheers,
   - Andreas