open process issues

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Tue Oct 24 22:15:50 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-10-24 at 14:48 -0700, Lex Spoon wrote:
> > http://www.squeak.org/Community/Teams/

> Hmm, this lists teams.  What about portions of the image?  Or is it
> sort of the same thing, and you mean that we should have, for example,
> a Collections Team and a Concurrency Team and a Morphic Team ?
>

> -Lex

Well it should be noted that this is a complete list of all 'official'
teams which is a mixture of Steward Teams (those who have accepted
responsibility for some part of the Basic Squeak Image) and other teams
like the Website team and future/speculative teams.  Any team that is
responsible for some part of the image should have 'Stewards' as part of
the name and the description should list the Class Categories in the
image for which that team is responsible.  For example:

Morphic Stewards - Maintaining the Morphic- category of classes in the
Basic Squeak Image

There is currently no Collections or Concurrency Team.  But then there
is also no Concurrency class category so it's unlikely a team would be
named that (although the I/O Stewards team is an example that shows that
the name is not necessarily exactly that of a class category in every
example).

Ken