Removing Etoys (was Re: A process proposal for 3.10)

Milan Zimmermann milan.zimmermann at sympatico.ca
Wed Oct 25 03:55:11 UTC 2006

On 2006 October 24 18:14, goran at krampe.se wrote:
> Markus Gaelli <gaelli at emergent.de> wrote:
> > Count me in.
> > Markus
>
> Ok! So I counted 4-5 people. Two questions:
>
> 1. Would it be a real problem if you were instead forced to use the
> Squeakland image etc?

Not a real problem, I am just playing .. Recently (as in the last year of
so) , I created eToys projects in 3.8, Squeakland and OLPC, and one even in
3.8 Tweak image (which felt like 3.8 eToys from project building
perspective), so I am not personally tied to eToys being in 3.10 etc (not
venturing into community building discussion :) )

> 2. Are you committed in the extent that you would actually join an eToys
> team making it loadable?

Having limited time as everyone, I would rather switch completely to
Squeakland/OLPC for play eToys projects, and along the way spent time
studying Tweak and Tweak based eToys...

Milan