Removing Etoys (was Re: A process proposal for 3.10)

karl karl.ramberg at chello.se
Wed Oct 25 05:32:15 UTC 2006

Milan Zimmermann skrev:
> On 2006 October 24 18:14, goran at krampe.se wrote:
>
>> Markus Gaelli <gaelli at emergent.de> wrote:
>>
>>> Count me in.
>>> Markus
>>>
>> Ok! So I counted 4-5 people. Two questions:
>>
>> 1. Would it be a real problem if you were instead forced to use the
>> Squeakland image etc?
>>

> Not a real problem, I am just playing .. Recently (as in the last year of
> so) , I created eToys projects in 3.8, Squeakland and OLPC, and one even in
> 3.8 Tweak image (which felt like 3.8 eToys from project building
> perspective), so I am not personally tied to eToys being in 3.10 etc (not
> venturing into community building discussion :) )
My main objection to get rid of eToy are that eToys now are about to be launched as a big world wide education project. I think keeping eToys in the image and in working order will benefit Squeak and Squeak users as people will be coming from more places to use and contribute to eToys.
Dropping eToys will confuse a lot of newcomers.
Karl