Removing Etoys, Morphic and other friends

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Wed Oct 25 14:43:59 UTC 2006

Hi folks,

I'm neither a proponent nor an opponent of removing Etoys, Morphic, etc.

Instead, I'm wondering what this debate might be about (myth? conspiracy?
who in squeak-dev knows ;-)

Very recently Damien's Squeak-dev image has shown that if there is demand,
there comes supply. The same is possibile with Etoys, Morphic, etc. After
all, Squeak and ingredients are made of software; neither seat belts nor
batteries are included.

So the one and only questions that I hope remains is this: is someone
willing to remove Etoys, Morphic, etc such that there be one .image
without it and one .image in which it is pre-loaded. This is like if the
same factory outputs new, diversified products: always a great idea and
always improves the reputation!

And if there is no one who effectively *does* it, let _whatever_it_is_ rot
in the image-until someone must fix things in order to support her/his own
stuff. Whether you like it or not, the latter happens anyway.

I firmly believe that this community is not capable of doing anything else.

That's my CHF 0.05

/Klaus