Removing Etoys, Morphic and other friends

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Wed Oct 25 15:14:14 UTC 2006

Hello Klaus,

KDW> Instead, I'm wondering what this debate might be about (myth? conspiracy?
KDW> who in squeak-dev knows ;-)

I think this debate is about what me and some (non programming)
friends call "killer arguments", arguments that kill the debate.

I's a strong word and I don't know if it is used elsewhere. It does
_not_ imply an intention to shut up the other side but it might have
that effect. In the context of the debate the killer argument is
valid.

KDW> So the one and only questions that I hope remains is this: is someone
KDW> willing to remove Etoys, Morphic, etc such that there be one .image
KDW> without it and one .image in which it is pre-loaded.

That's oversimplifying because ..

KDW> And if there is no one who effectively *does* it, let _whatever_it_is_ rot
KDW> in the image-until someone must fix things in order to support her/his own
KDW> stuff. Whether you like it or not, the latter happens anyway.

.... a rotting morpic would make that image more or less useless :-)

Best regards,

Herbert                            mailto:herbertkoenig at gmx.net