Removing Etoys, Morphic and other friends

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Wed Oct 25 16:21:14 UTC 2006

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 17:59:14 +0200, Juan wrote:
> Hi Klaus,
> Klaus wrote:
>> Hi Juan,
>> on Wed, 25 Oct 2006 17:13:24 +0200, you wrote:
>>> Hi Klaus,
>>>
>>> What you say is exactly what we're doing.
>>
>> And therefore I hereby proclaim you are the hero of the day!
>>
>> Not because you do what I was talking about but because you *do* *it*
>> regardless of me talking!
>
> If you're just making fun of me, that's ok.

Believe me: when I write exclamation marks sans smiley then I don't make
fun of you!

> But if you mean this, let
> me clarify. What you said: 'let it rot' is what we (the Squeak community)
> are doing.

Then you and me would have a subtle difference: I cannot say that we are
doing it, because that would come close to a contradiction. Or, perhaps we
mean "we do" in one case and different "we do" in the other case.

Unencrypted I mean: yes, the community lets it rot (it *does* it). And no,
you attempt to do something against that (you *do* it). Strange words;
programming is easier ;-)

> What I answer is: This is not good enough. Squeak should not
> include rotten stuff.

Right you are. But whenever I find rot and: [need to use it anyway] then I
*must* do something.

Since I firmly believe that almost nobody reads our conversation, let me
take the opportunity and state the following: Squeak community does not
lack developer skills. Squeak community lacks managerial skills, badly.
And, Squeak community does not need organizational skills.

/Klaus