A process proposal for 3.10

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Oct 25 18:39:12 UTC 2006

Marcus Denker <denker at iam.unibe.ch> writes:
> On 17.10.2006, at 16:55, Lex Spoon wrote:
> > Also, keep in mind that all the Squeakland people are vitally
> > interested in EToys.  There are ETosy-based text books, for goodness'
> > sakes.
> >
> > I do agree that at least one steward for EToys needs to be identified,
> > if there is not one already.  Try probing on the Squeakland mailing
> > list, if nothing else.
>
> The SqueakLand people don't use 3.9, and I am quite sure they never
> will.

That's a fascinating observation.  I would love to hear from a
SqueakLand person that, in fact, they do not care much to use future
versions of the open-source community-maintained thread of Squeak.

If it's true, that's a big deal for where Squeak goes next.  In
particular, it means EToys in Squeak is only important for things like
making presentations, and thus that a lot of it can be cut out with no
one caring.

-Lex