Removing Etoys, Morphic and other friends

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Oct 26 10:37:27 UTC 2006

Pavel Krivanek puso en su mail :

> it's not possible to
> load Morphic and don't load eToys with it.

It's possible, but not easy and not now.

> But we will remove network,
> compression, MC kernel etc. from it because this packages are already
> independent.

Without network, compression and a few more , Kernel is impractical.
Once cleaned, why rip first for loading latter ?
You last should be 3.10 start point and .sources produced for this.
And the loaded Rest of Squeak , ready to run , should become SqueakMinimal.

> load all rest "non-free" content from Internet.
What part is not free ? I hope not endless license thread....

Edgar