[ANN] Installer bootstrapping scripts

Damien Cassou damien.cassou at laposte.net
Thu Oct 26 12:02:15 UTC 2006

Keith Hodges a écrit :
> Damien,
>
> not really questions as such. Thanks for doing the dev image I would
> never have got around to trying out shout and some of these other bits
> without it.
>
> . For some reason I found it difficult to view the bytecodes for a method.

It would be cool to be able to see the bytecode from the browser. Colin
is working on this. Currently, you can do:

OBSystemBrowser>>#defaultBackgroundColor inspect

and you will get an inspector displaying the bytecode of this method.

> . I couldn't find the Browser choice preference when I wanted to change it.

Second icon, top left of Browser windows, option 'Choose new default
browser'

> . ScriptManager is great, unfortunately it doesnt support variables in
> the same way as a normal Workspace, is this something that could be added?

I'm using ScriptManager to keep the documentation. You still have Shout
Workspace to try code (open... -> Shout Workspace)

Don't know about modifications to ScriptManager.

> like I said I am just getting used to it

Feel free to tell me what you like/dislike. I'm really looking for
comments and remarks.

--
Damien Cassou