Removing Etoys, Morphic and other friends

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Thu Oct 26 12:57:38 UTC 2006

Am 26.10.2006 um 14:48 schrieb Klaus D. Witzel:

> Concentrating on the remaining issue(s): why is it so important
> that Morphic must be independent of Etoys, are they (have they)
> subclasses etc of each other? Or are there political reasons for
> having such an independence, or license reasons? Or what (perhaps
> elegance, perhaps maintainability)?

Etoys support is in the Morphic base classes, and even in its design
- Morphic really only was made to support Etoys. Now, if you want a
lean clean Morphic that just supports "business widgets" you have to
rip everything related to Etoys out. I think that's what Juan did -
but since the base is missing you cannot go back.

- Bert -