3.8.1 Sloooooow redraw with debugger

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Fri Oct 27 16:59:15 UTC 2006

On Oct 27, 2006, at 2:29 AM, Adrian Lienhard wrote:

> I once had a situation in which I could reproduce the problem and
> then found a way to fix it by changing Debugger
> class>>openOn:context:label:contents:fullView: not to fork
> immediately but to do a WorldState addDeferredUIMessage: [..] instead.
> This change went into 3.9, and I have the impression that the issue
> doesn't pop up that often anymore, however, it is still there.

This is my experience as well.

I had lots of images where it would happen reliably anytime I got a
debugger via a test case, whether it was a failure, an error, or a
halt. I pulled that debugger change out of 3.9 and use it in 3.7 and
3.8 to make developing with tests bearable.

The problem is definitely still there, patching the debugger just
causes it to happen much less frequently.

Colin