Removing Etoys, Morphic and other friends

Bill Schwab BSchwab at anest.ufl.edu
Sat Oct 28 00:37:07 UTC 2006

Hello all,

FWIW, I wish to second some of Lex's points:

Halos are useful for, among other things, moving and closing incomplete
morphs (i.e. morphs that do not yet respond to events or have widgets
needed to do those things on their own), and the ability to cycle
through the z-order is a VERY useful debugging/browsing feature.  Halos
are part of the morphic's foundation.

Named morphs - very useful, and present in other systems (Dolphin's
MVP), also useful for Process, etc.

Serialization is a part of life independent of Etoys.  I am not a big
fan of ReferenceStream, and SmartReferenceStream, but would certainly
keep them separate from EToys.

Paint tool - very useful independent of EToys.  Ditto flaps.

I will stop there; my failure to mention something simply means I am
less passionate about it than the items above, not that I disagree with
Lex's assessment.

Bill

Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.
University of Florida