3.8.1 Sloooooow redraw with debugger

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Sat Oct 28 00:50:45 UTC 2006

Well I didn't notice any info on which VM it is. However if you draw
*each* pixel via Morphic/BitBlt confusion then mmm it will be slow
The unix vm does a draw a pixel, flush, that will take forever,
earlier versions of the mac carbon vm also did the same. Current
versions
draw a pixel but regulate flushing, so it's *slow* but not render
each pixel slow...

On 27-Oct-06, at 2:28 AM, Lukas Renggli wrote:

>> I only ever saw this on the Mac Carbon VM - does it happen on other
>> VMs, too? Also, John might have fixed it in latest versions.
>
> Yes, it happens on the Mac Unix VM as well.
>
> Ironically, when I press Ctrl+. during the slow update I mostly end up
> in a method #copyLoopFaster or #copyLoopFastest.
>
> Cheers,
> Lukas
>
> --
> Lukas Renggli