[ANN] package universe with Damien's picks

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat Oct 28 15:00:20 UTC 2006

On Fri, Oct 27, 2006 at 07:52:12AM -0700, Lex Spoon wrote:
> I have set up a package universe that has Damien Cassou's picks [1]
> for his developer's image.  It's the default now, so, if you install
> "YAXO" and "Universes" from SqueakMap, your image will be pointed at
> this Damien's picks universe.  You can then select packages among
> these finest of Grade-A packages, without having to worry about
> dependencies.

Outstanding!

This provides a nice simple way to browse and load the packages. It's
easy to use, works well, and gives me some reasonable confidence that
the packages I'm loading are actually going to work.

One minor nit in this universe, selecting the "Tric-RefractoringBrowser version 7"
gives a warning "could not find necessary package: RefactoringEngine".

Excellent stuff, highly recommended.

Dave