Removing Etoys, Morphic and other friends

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Sun Oct 29 23:18:51 UTC 2006

Hi Juan and all!

I just want to say I am 100% with you on all this.

Could you possibly (as you probably know Morphic/eToys better than most
of us) list the parts that we could "decide" about leaving in or ripping
out? Lex started a list, but he also included some things that I had not
thought were included (like ImageSegment for example).

I think it would be a nice way forward in this discussion.

regards, Göran

PS. This subject came up around an OOPSLA hacking table with Dan present
- he also remarked that Morphic is indeed quite small - if you consider
only Morphic itself. But we did not discuss the issue at any great
length. Also Doug applied your recipe to have a look at the result etc.
We never got around to any personal conclusions, though. But I for one
applaud and greatly appreciate your diligence in this matter and I think
it would be GREAT to have a small "isolated" clean Morphic in Squeak
that is maintained and proven. And I am probably not alone in that.