I am standing by Juan's proposal, do you? (was Re: Removing Etoys, Morphic and other friends)

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Tue Oct 31 14:43:37 UTC 2006

Hi folks!

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?St=E9phane_Rollandin?= <lecteur at zogotounga.net> wrote:
> this is utter nonsense. I just don't understand where we are going here.
>    why destroy Squeak ?

Ok, I have for various reasons decided to drop out of this discussion.

I don't think I will be able to make my arguments and views any more
clear than the "nonsense" I have produced so far, and since I seem to be
the only one publically supporting Juan (perhaps there were a few more)
I am clearly outnumbered. And I don't feel encouraged to keep discussing
it this particular way, no - I don't know why we should destroy Squeak
btw.

And I should be doing other things anyway. ;)

The rest of squeak-dev will simply have to (and the board IMHO) figure
this one out.

regards, Göran

PS. I am kinda tired of the fact that hardly any change can be proposed
in this community without having tons of arguments raised against it.
Sure, this particular case is harder to judge - but the fact remains,
how can we keep all the Juans out there interested if they only meet
resistance when offering their time and energy? Sure, the medicine does
not taste good - dumping eToys hurts, I know that. But this problem is
generic. And no, don't bother replying to me specifically about this
because I don't have the energy to discuss anything right now.