here is a plan!

Jecel Assumpcao Jr jecel at merlintec.com
Tue Oct 31 17:33:07 UTC 2006

Juan Vuletich wrote on Mon, 30 Oct 2006 22:58:32 -0300
> Removing eToys implies deleting "eToys awareness" in lots of methods
> that would not be deleted. Even several instance variables as in
> MorphExtension. I don't know how to offer the user the option for
> removing it, let alone keep that option properly maintained in future
> Squeak versions.

Ok, so this is a rather different project than what I was hoping for.
Some of the problems you mention could be attacked by refactoring and
using Traits but this would imply a lot of changes just to have
essentially what we have now.

So I would like to ask about the plan proposed by Klaus (replacing
Morphic 2.0 with an eToyless Morphic 3.0) what is the level of
compatibility that we would have? Would I be able to grab some old
project from SqueakMap and have it work or would stuff like Celeste, IRC
and others have to be updated?

-- Jecel