Thoughts from an outsider

J J azreal1977 at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 2 11:41:52 UTC 2006

>From: "Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene" <edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar>
>To: squeakdev <squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org>
>Subject: Re: Thoughts from an outsider
>Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 06:55:25 -0300
>
>Myself argue against Traits, a long ago, as having Traits cause breaks with
>older Squeak and introduce several collateral things , unneeded for normal
>projects (IMHO)

I agree that traits wont come up normally.  But as soon as you get into big
complicated
heiarchies traits are probably going to be a better fit.  Not only that, I
have seen a lot of
people ask for protocols to be actual queriable objects.  That seems to be
about what
traits are afaik.

Many things smalltalk has are just better versions of what everyone else
has.  I think things
like this are what everyone will be trying to steal tommorow when they
finally arrive where
smalltalk was years ago and see what the problems are.