Rome on Mac

Dominique Dutoit dominiqued at versateladsl.be
Sat Sep 2 15:02:28 UTC 2006

> If the 'RomePlugin bf.29 24 August 2006 (e)' plugin is not loaded
> it's likely I'll need to get you a debug VM so we can print out the
> results of the load of the plugin attempt to see why the plugin did
> not load

The debug VM says that the current architecture is not supported:

dlopen(/Users/dominique/Documents/Projets/SqueakVM/build/Development/
Squeak VM Opt.app/Contents/Resources/RomePlugin.bundle/Contents/MacOS/
RomePlugin, 10): no suitable image found.  Did find:
	/Users/dominique/Documents/Projets/SqueakVM/build/Development/Squeak
VM Opt.app/Contents/Resources/RomePlugin.bundle/Contents/MacOS/
RomePlugin: no matching architecture in universal wrapper

According to 'lipo', the supported architectures are i386 and ppc7400
and this is the reason why I can't run the plugin on my iBook G3
(ppc750). I did make a test on a Power Mac G4 and it works as expected.

Any chance of having a non-G4 optimised version soon ?