VM build problem: sqInt?

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Sun Sep 3 19:16:20 UTC 2006

I note in
http://www-sor.inria.fr/~piumarta/squeak/devel/src/vm/interp.c

int fetchWordofObject(int fieldIndex, int oop) {
	return longAt(((((char *) oop)) + BaseHeaderSize) + (fieldIndex << 2));
}

however this private dated copy of interp.c which contains
fetchWordofObject is not found in the current build

I'll note to confuse XCode the platform/unix/ tree contains

src
src32
src64

you should delete those directories to avoid confusion, normally this
is not a problem but I have to
wonder where xcode thinks it is finding your interp.c

If your copy of interp.c then still contains fetchWordofObject then
something is wrong.
I'll note my copy of interp.c says:

/* Automatically generated from Squeak on #(17 April 2006 7:32:49 pm)
by VMMaker 3.8b6
  */

On 3-Sep-06, at 12:22 AM, Jay Hardesty wrote:

> I tried to patch around the conflicting definitions for flag,
> by moving the second one into sqVirtualMachine.c (and
> removing "inline").  That problem then seems to go away
> (or at least into hiding for the moment).
>
> Now I get as far as compiling interp.c, wherein occurs:
>
> 	error: invalid operands to binary+
> 		return longAt(((((char *) oop)) + BaseHeaderSize) + (fieldIndex
> << 2));
>
> This is at line 4343 of interp.c in function fetchWordofObject.
===