VM build problem: sqInt?

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Mon Sep 4 02:48:21 UTC 2006

Jay, send me the interp.c (to me not the list of course), so I can
take a peek at it.

Also I'll note that if you dump the instructions for interp.c and
look for

.globl _interpret
_interpret:

then after the long set of
.long   LXXXXX

you should have

L10170:
	addl	$1, %esi
	movzbl	(%esi), %ebx
	addl	$4, %edi
	movl	_foo, %eax
	movl	84(%eax), %eax
	movl	4(%eax), %eax
	movl	%eax, (%edi)
	movl	528(%esp,%ebx,4), %eax
L10430:
	jmp	*%eax

What's important here is the number of instructions for the first
bytecode, nine.
More than 9 means things aren't quite right.

On 3-Sep-06, at 3:55 PM, Jay Hardesty wrote:

> THANKS for all the pointers - I started from scratch, fetched the
> latest
> everything, deleted the flag function in LargeIntegers, and
> recompiled.
> However still getting the fetchWordofObject error below.
===