3.9 Oddities

Damien Pollet damien.pollet at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 10:09:12 UTC 2006

Behold the allmighty wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newline

> Here's my point. As a cross-platform editor, Squeak must be able to
> handle these transparently. Either it needs to automatically
> normalize everything to a single Squeak-standard newline, or it needs
> to accept both of these

Both approaches (accepting the 3 conventions *and* normalizing) would
be best IMHO. Maybe it should normalize only when the text gets
modified in another way, so as not to 'gratuitously' modify stuff.

--
 Damien Pollet
 type less, do more