Thoughts from an outsider

J J azreal1977 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 5 16:55:39 UTC 2006

>From: "Ramon Leon" <ramon.leon at allresnet.com>
>To: "'The general-purpose Squeak developers
>list'"<squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org>
>Subject: RE: Thoughts from an outsider
>Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 09:27:48 -0700
>
>Great, I'd rather see people contributing, you don't need to convince
>everyone that something is broke, you simply need to get like minded people
>to help your cause.  You could probably do this better by not using
>negative
>language (cancer, lying, fooling ourselves) and insulting those who
>disagree.

I have been insulting false ideas, not people.  It seems to me that you have
been
the one bringing out the "well Im sure it's not friendly to newbies", and
"you just dont
get it".

Anyway, this is a pointless discussion.  I appologize to the list for
carrying it on so long.

Source code in smalltalk, just as in the free software world does document
exactly what
is happening.  But that is all.  It is certainly not what the vast majority
of developers and
users are looking for when they want documentation.