literate programming examples (Re: Thoughts from an outsider)

Ramon Leon ramon.leon at allresnet.com
Wed Sep 6 15:55:57 UTC 2006

> And what about UML diagrams?  Isn't that just duplication
> too?  I mean all it is is a different view of what the code
> says right?

UML diagrams would be a different view of the code, they can add value, they
let you see the system in a different way.  I didn't criticize this.

> Look, despite my strong feelings about so called "self
> documenting code" I am laying off.
> If you want to work that way fine, but shouldn't you extend
> my "side" the same honor of not trying to impose your way on
> people who want some kind of documentation that is meaningful for us?

I wasn't.  I was calling dandelion duplication because it's only showing
what the existing class browsers already show, it doesn't add significant
value, other than possibly allowing non programmers to read the programmer
comments, which I'll admin, could be of value to someone, it's very much
like javadoc.