[Q] Accessing files on a FTP server

Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Sep 7 09:17:15 UTC 2006

People:

I wish setup a 24/24 FTP accessible server from inside Squeak and have the
following questions.

1) How I could setup for have a password and what this don't was "forgive"
by image ?

What I doing is :
>From a running image what was hand setup
ServerDirectory servers inspect.
On inspector panel self saveOnFile , the exported name was servers.obj.

On target image:
|inputStream anObject |
inputStream _ FileStream oldFileNamed: 'servers.obj'.
anObject _ inputStream fileInObjectAndCode.
inputStream close.
(Inspector openAsMorphOn: anObject) openInHand

On inspector panel

ServerDirectory serversFrom: self " I add serversFrom method "

Is working while image is running, forgive to next startup.
I looking about ServerDirectory transferServerDefinitionsToExternal and
related, see what no password is saved in pref directory and files saved
into.

Any advice ?

Also , I noticed what files saved in FTP do not behaves as files saved in
own disk.
You can't select the server and install Sar, as example.

Someone faced this before ? A solution what not force to change several
things for work (and sure someone do before and better)

Very, very thanks for any leads.

Edgar

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).