ImageForDevelopers

damien.cassou damien.cassou at laposte.net
Thu Sep 7 18:43:08 UTC 2006

> Damien,
>
> I am having some trouble with this script. I am not sure if
I am doing
> some thing wrong. But here's what I did.
>
> 1. I downloaded Squeak3.9g-7055.zip and started it.
> 2. Opened Monticello Browser and added a new pkg called
> ImageForDevelopers and added the MCHttpRepository to its
repository.

You should not add a new package!
First, open Monticello and unselect all packages if any from
the left pane.
Then click on '+Repository', then 'HTTP' then enter this:

MCHttpRepository location:
'http://www.squeaksource.com/ImageForDevelopers' user: ''
password: ''

(with no user and nor password).

> 3. I highlighted ImageForDevelopers-dc.1.mcz and clicked on load

Always use the last version which is
mageForDevelopers-dc.3.mcz currently.

> 4. It kept asking for username, pwd - when I clicked accept
it would
> go into an endless loop of asking for the same over and over
again.

I think it should not ask anymore.

> Finally I cancelled which started installation nevertheless.
> 5. It installed all the packages with thousands of messages
such as...
> Installing Scriptaculous
>  (SUAutocompleter is Undeclared)  (SUDraggable is Undeclared)
> (SUDroppable is Undeclared)  (SUEffect is Undeclared)
(SUElement is
> Undeclared)  (SUEvaluator is Undeclared)  (SUInPlaceEditor is
> Undeclared)  (SUScript is Undeclared)  (SUPeriodical is
Undeclared)

All the (Something is Undeclared) are perfectly normal and you
should not worry about them.

> ...yada yada yada...
> 6. Got to ... Installing Magritte-All
> 7. Got to about 25% on the 'Initializing' progress bar...
> 8. Froze at this point.

It seems there are problems with Magritte-All sometimes. Try
again and tell me if this still don't work.

Tell me if this works or not works.

--
Damien

Cet été, pensez aux cartes postales de laposte.net !