gui differences in 3.9g-7056

Ramon Leon ramon.leon at allresnet.com
Fri Sep 8 17:01:34 UTC 2006

> A newbie question.
>
> I have been playing with the new image and noticed that the
> window borders are thicker, some window functions like resize
> in Monticello browser stretch the buttons at the top. They
> also have lost the 3-D look. (I am on Debian Sarge)
>
> Is this a style change which I can restore to 3.8 style? or
> is it more structural due to changes in gui code itself.
>
> If it is a style change can some one please tell me how to
> copy the style from 3.8 over to 3.9?
>
> I googled for it and came up empty.
>
> -bakki

Apply the following changes for a more sensible look.

SystemWindow class>>borderWidth
	"Making changes to this for some reason requires repositioning of
CornerGripMorphs. Edit BorderedMorph#addCornerGrip and play with offsets to
get them right if you increase border width. For instance, going from 4 to 6
here and you should updated offsets to (-23 at -23 corner: 0 at 0) for the right
placement of corner grips."

	^ 2

TopRightCornerGripMorph>>gripLayoutFrame
    ^LayoutFrame
        fractions: (1 @ 0 corner: 1 @ 0)
        offsets: (0 - self defaultWidth @ -20 corner: 0 @ 0)

TopLeftGripMorph>>gripLayoutFrame