gui differences in 3.9g-7056

Bakki Kudva bakki.kudva at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 18:52:00 UTC 2006

On 9/8/06, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:
> You would have to fix, or maybe even extend, ToolBuilder itself. I think
> currently its layout does not support fixed sizes for selected components.
>
> - Bert -

It works fine in the 3.8 image. What would cause it to behave
differently under 3.9?

I think the ToolBuilder layout code is in:
MorphicToolBuilder>>setLayout: layout in: widget
	layout == #proportional ifTrue:[
		widget layoutPolicy: ProportionalLayout new.
		^self].
	layout == #horizontal ifTrue:[
		widget layoutPolicy: TableLayout new.
		widget listDirection: #leftToRight.
		widget submorphsDo:[:m| m hResizing: #spaceFill; vResizing: #spaceFill].
		"and then some..."
		^self].
	layout == #vertical ifTrue:[
		widget layoutPolicy: TableLayout new.
		widget listDirection: #topToBottom.
		widget submorphsDo:[:m| m hResizing: #spaceFill; vResizing: #spaceFill].
		"and then some..."
		^self].
	^self error: 'Unknown layout: ', layout.

Not sure where Monticello sets the layout policy. It appears to me
that the policy used is proportional which is why the buttons stretch.
If someone who knows this stuff can explain this better I'd really
appreciate it. Thanks,

bakki