findTokens: vs explode:

Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Sep 8 19:50:13 UTC 2006

Ron Teitelbaum puso en su mail :

> Hi all,
>
> Earlier we discussed a replacement for my explode method.  findTokens: was
> suggested but
>
> '       version         [0]  EXPLICIT Version DEFAULT v1,' findTokens:
> ŒEXPLICIT¹  =
> an OrderedCollection('       version         [0]  ' ' Version D' 'FAU' ' v1,')
>
> but
>
> '       version         [0]  EXPLICIT Version DEFAULT v1,' explode: ŒEXPLICIT¹
> =
> an OrderedCollection('       version         [0]  ' ' Version DEFAULT v1,')
>
> I can see that findTokens: removes all instances of each character.  Which is
> not what I¹m looking for.
>
> Does anyone have any other suggestions?
>
> Ron Teitelbaum
>
> Ron:
> Hope this helps, sure someone could do better
>
> In String, accesing category

explode: aString
    | pos tokens |
    tokens := OrderedCollection new.
    pos := self findString: aString startingAt: 1.
    tokens
        add: (self copyFrom: 1 to: pos - 1).
    pos := pos + aString size.
    tokens
        add: (self copyFrom: pos to: self size).
    ^ tokens

'       version         [0]  EXPLICIT Version DEFAULT v1,' explode:
'EXPLICIT' an OrderedCollection('       version         [0]  ' ' Version
DEFAULT v1,')

I note what copy from yours and paste again in Squeak the delimiters of
EXPLICIT was different to single quote

Edgar