Where in the academic world is Squeak?

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at techunix.technion.ac.il
Wed Sep 13 09:14:30 UTC 2006

Hi everyone, I'm about a year away from finishing my BAs in Math/CS, and
am looking for a nice place to do exciting and interesting stuff for a
PhD. Of course if I can do it in Squeak and with Squeakers, that's a
definite advantage!

BTW, my current definition of interesting stuff tends towards math and
geometry - for example I'm currently working on face recognition
algorithms based on embedding surfaces while preserving geodetic
distances (GMDS). But I'm curious about the general situation.

So I know about SE people in the SCG group in Berne, and about Andrew
Black+ in PSU, Portland, and Croquet seems to be getting some
universities involved (Minnesota, Wisconsin... more?), though I don't
know exactly in what form. Who else is out there?

I think this is probably of general interest...

Daniel