Where can I find a use case or concrete example of setting up a service?

Romain Robbes romain.robbes at lu.unisi.ch
Thu Sep 14 07:08:14 UTC 2006

	Hi Jerome,

	The framework is looking for services in subclasses of ServiceProvider.
	Each service has an identifier which become the name of the method
where the service is implemented.
	What 'create new service' does is to ask you for an identifier, and
then looks for a ServiceProvider
	(possibly creating one), to implement the method template at the
right place.

	Then you use the service browser to define where your service should
appear, and if you want to bind it to
	a keyboard shortcut.

	If you want to have it in the class menu of the browser, append the
name of your service to the content of the
	'items in browserClassMenu' preference. If you want to bind it to
ctrl-2, put it in the 'ctrl-2' preference.

	As Diego said, there are more details in the world menu help item.

	Hope it helps,
		Romain

--
Romain Robbes