[VMMaker] sqMemoryAccess.h: No such file or directory

Mathieu mathk.sue at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 08:48:35 UTC 2006

Klaus D. Witzel a écrit :
> Hi Mathieu,
>
> on Thu, 14 Sep 2006 01:35:24 +0200, you wrote:
>> I coudl manage to build a vm for windows base on VMMaker-3.8b4 and
>> win32-3.8b4 source so if you want
>> it ask me.
>
> I do, I do :) Can I have it for making my own builds? Or is it just
> does/dont's.

Yes you can but it's long and you have to patch plenty of things.

1. First step you have to get the source:
 http://squeakvm.org/svn/squeak/branches/VMM38b4/
 I get it with HTTrack...

2. Load VMMaker-3.8b4 and start to generate the source.
   You will have some bug so I load some *extention from the 3.8b6 (juste some clas side categorie)
   This beceause #ccgDeclareCForVar: is missing. When you load those methods be careful of changing:
    'sqInt' -> 'int'
    'usqInt' -> 'unsigned'

   e.g.: ccgDeclareCForVar: aSymbolOrString

	^'sqInt ', aSymbolOrString
-->
	ccgDeclareCForVar: aSymbolOrString

	^'int', aSymbolOrString

  But this depend on your processor so if you have 64bit it may change.

3. Try to compile the source but you have to download the gnutools.
   You can get it from : http://www.squeakvm.org/win32/

4. When you compile you while have some parser error beceause some sqInt declaration are use.
   So replace them with the same method in 2.

5. You will also have a missing method.
   Add this at the begining of gnu-interp.c (where the build.bat are)

char *getImageName(void)
{
  return imageName;
}

  Normaly you will be able to compile at this state.
  BTW I will email the vm to you and Herbert König

Fill free to ask question (my english writing is not realy good plus I can have miss some stape)
	Math