An 3.9 image for developers

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Thu Sep 14 12:18:45 UTC 2006

Hi Damien,

on Thu, 14 Sep 2006 14:10:56 +0200, you wrote:
> Klaus D. Witzel a écrit :
>> Hi Damien,
>>  on Wed, 13 Sep 2006 17:24:11 +0200, you wrote:
>>
>>> Do you want other packages included ? Or preferences that should be
>>> set ?
>>  Yes, please not confusion with platform preferences like mouse
>> right-left. Also no unexpected "automagic" change of := to _ and vice
>> versa.
>

> It seems there is something very strange with the mouse buttons. The
> middle click doesn't do the same in windows and in linux. They are
> swapped. Maybe something in the vm, maybe in the OS. I won't touch this
> preference.

Yes, there was some discussion about that confusion here recently. I
suggest to put a note into the TOP line of a workspace, reminding the
(possibly novice) user and explaning where to change it.

> For the assignment, Shout uses preferences to display := or _. Don't
> know what is the best thing to do here.

Neutral: do not "automagically" change := to _ and vice versa. In symbols:

syntaxHighlightingAsYouType enabled

The other two syntaxHighlighting* disabled.

Thank you!

/Klaus