An 3.9 image for developers

Romain Robbes romain.robbes at lu.unisi.ch
Thu Sep 14 19:02:28 UTC 2006

Il giorno Sep 14, 2006, alle ore 4:32 PM, Damien Cassou ha scritto:

> Romain Robbes a écrit :
>>>
>> To make my package less big, I chose to remove the dependency with
>> keymapping.
>> Right now I have a lightweight (one class) system to add a few
>> keyboard shortcuts.
>> (alt-0 to alt-9, ctrl-0 to ctrl-9, ctrl-alt-0 to ctrl-alt-9, and
>> ctrl-alt-left, right, up and down).
>

> Cool. Please tell me which package I have to include in the image.

That's included in BrowserBooster, no extra package is needed.

> Take care that on some keyboards (French ones for example), you
> have to press SHIFT+0 to have a '0'.

That's true ... but I wanted something simple for now .. when a
keybinding tool is included in the image,
then I could change to that.

>>> Can some of you implement window switcher in keymapping please ?
>>>
>> I haven't tried it, so what are its functionalities?
>

> Same as in operating systems when you press ALT+TAB: it displays a
> small dialog on which you can select the window with a snapshot.
> You may want to try to copy/paste the code from KeyBinder and see
> if it still works.

I tried to make it work, but it was not usable with the small dialog:
i could only get it to select the next window.
I had to keep the shortcut pressed to pop up the window, and then it
was switching too fast.

>> I'm asking because there is a window switching service already in
>> the image as an example.
>

> How does it work ?

It just activates the next window on the stack. It is pretty much a
line of code ;-).

Actually it seems a good deal of the KeyBinder's functionalities
could be implemented this way too.

	Romain

--
Romain Robbes