Where in the academic world is Squeak?

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at squeakland.org
Fri Sep 15 17:18:28 UTC 2006

  Hello,

> Daniel Vainsencher wrote:
> > My original thought was also that everyone would reply publicly, because
> > this is of general interest. But I'll respect the wishes of those (just
> > 2) that chose otherwise.

  Among others:

  Ito-san's group at Yamanashi Gakuin Daigaku University writes robot
controller software for AIBO and friends in tools written in Squeak.

  Oiwa-san's group at Keio University are working on more natural
language like programming language, and one of their steps is to
modify eToys so that the resulting code can be read as more natural
Japanese.

  Takada-san at Ritsumeikan University has been working on the
educational aspect of Squeak.

  There are other groups that are using eToys for educational purposes
in Japan.

-- Yoshiki