In 7058 Changes go to "<no name -- garbage?>"

Steven Elkins sgelkins at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 18:45:24 UTC 2006

On 9/15/06, stephane ducasse <stephane.ducasse at gmail.com> wrote:

> I tried
>
> ChangeSorter initializeChangeSetCategories
> Smalltalk garbageCollect
>
> but it does not change anything
>
> Did I miss something?

Maybe.  I did for sure.

Just did this in a fresh 7058 image:

ChangeSet allInstances size "print it gives me 1023"
ChangeSorter initializeChangeSetCategories "do it" "wonder why it asks
me for initials?"
Smalltalk garbageCollect "do it"
ChangeSet allInstances size "print it gives me 2!"

The extra one is because I forgot to make the current ChangeSet the
one named 'Unnamed' instead of the really unnamed one.  :)  So I open
a simple change browser, select Unnamed, and choose 'make changes go
to me' from the menu.

Then 'ChangeSet allInstances size' prints '1'.  I'm on a PPC Mac
running 10.4.7.  The VM is one of Ian's, 3.7-7 installed from a .dmg.

Don't know what else to tell you.  This procedure works every time for me.

--
How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment
before starting to improve the world.       -- Anne Frank