New Win32 build structure

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Sat Sep 16 14:06:31 UTC 2006

On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 15:25:41 +0200, Mathieu wrote:
> Andreas Raab a écrit :
>> Hi Folks -
>>
>> This is just to let you know that I've checked in the changes for the
>> new Win32 build structure. Updated instructions are available here:
>>
>> http://squeakvm.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/trunk/platforms/win32/HowToBuild.txt?rev=1530
>>
>> I'm interested in working out the remaining quirks so if someone is
>> willing to try it out and make notes on what works and what doesn't I'd
>> appreciate it.
>
> Ok for me it work fine but I build inside the platforms/win32/build
> directory

According to Andreas' classification, I "Generate a VM from VMMaker". I
followed the instructions on HowToBuild.txt?rev=1530 and found that

- svn co http://squeakvm.org/svn/squeak/trunc

has a typo, replacing trunc by trunk downloaded fine.

And in VMMaker a Generate Core+Internal with all plugins internal does not
write plugins.ext, but that possibly has nothing to do with the win32
platform.

I have never tried the sections "Recompile an existing VM" because I
always have a change on the  Slang side.

/Klaus