[Enh][VM] primitiveApplyToFromTo for the heart of theenumeration of collections?

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Mon Sep 18 19:48:40 UTC 2006

On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 21:15:36 +0200, Avi Bryant wrote:

> Has anyone ever played with a simple self-sends inliner?  No de-inlining
> when debugging, no post-inlining optimization, no attempt to deal with
> polymorphism, just inlining monomorphic self-sends...

I thought about that *) but , how about stack overflow?

*) for methods which send only special selectors (and have no ordinary
sends) which the compiler can mark so. But I didn't find much caller /
callee combinations which would benefit.

Your self-send inliner is damn more general. Was it already used?

/Klaus