Strongtalk VM for Squeak

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at lshift.net
Tue Sep 19 17:53:37 UTC 2006

Ramon Leon wrote:
> As far as I know, no, it didn't.  I recently watched a video of a Lisper
> showing off the power of Slime, [...]

Yes, fair enough. I was referring more to the Lisp Machines, a la
Symbolics. It's still command-oriented, in a way, a bit like emacs
(which, incidentally, I believe is a good thing, and that Squeak should
steal a number of features from emacs), but makes good use of reflection
in its programming environment and user interface for quite a rich IDE/UI.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisp_machine
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Debugger.gif

You can see a screencast of the machine in action, too:

http://www.lemonodor.com/archives/000103.html

The movie itself:

http://www.lemonodor.com/archives/misc-gems/lispm.mov.gz

Cheers,
  Tony
--
 [][][] Tony Garnock-Jones     | Mob: +44 (0)7905 974 211
   [][] LShift Ltd             | Tel: +44 (0)20 7729 7060
 []  [] http://www.lshift.net/ | Email: tonyg at lshift.net